Contact Details:- RobbiBell@mail.com

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Year in Review....(Wheres it gone???)

Hey Everyone in Scrappyland
are you feeling the same as me, and wondering "where has this year gone?"
it doesn't seem that long since I was fighting with Christmas lights and trying to fold them up nicely so when next required they would unfold in a seemly manner....NO! didn't happen...So
We are not having a Christmas Tree or Decorations this year....I have put up a Santa figure and a string for the cards but that's it....Have I lost the Christmas feeling?...well maybe a little, we are never home for Christmas Day and all the prezzies that I take so long to wrap beautifully end up squished in a box to travel to Wyndham where we have Christmas Lunch with Friends (we have done this for over 20yrs) and this year I'm just not feeling it...Maybe its because like I said earlier "where has the year gone". I'm still in about July lol
Anyway...What a year it has been. For us personally as a Family it has been a big year but not as big as next years, with 2 weddings happening in our Family. This year saw our Eldest Son Chris get engaged to Anna and they are planning to get married at Bathurst weekend Oct Next Year (who gets married at Bathurst weekend???). Mike and Sherie have been progressing with their wedding plans and have everything totally under control, the invites have not long gone out so now its just the waiting.
Emz has had an interesting year and all I can say is I hope that next year is her year. Trevor and I had a wonderful trip to the V8's in Pukekohe in April ---my 50th Birthday Prezzie and I have already purchased our tickets for next years racing. Trev fulfilled one of his "bucket" list items and that was to purchase a Holden Monaro....Hot House Green, 2 door Coupe, 6 speed manual and she goes and like all good women costs him money! I shouted Trev to the Bledisloe Cup Rugby in Wellington for his 50th back in August and here is with Red Noses for the red nose day appeal with my SIL Jackie.
Don't they look like a couple of clowns?
 
From my perspective I have had an amazing year with Scrapbooking and I have loved every minute teaching and especially at SENZ early July that has to be the highlight of my Teaching to date. Liz from Artful Crafts asked me to go up with the shop and take 2 classes. I met some lovely Ladies (and Gentlemen!) and would definitely love to go back in the future in a similar capacity. The thing that after all these years is that you give the Ladies the same packets of goodies and everyone's ends up so totally different.
Here is some pics from over the last couple of months and it shows the latest Exploding Box I created for Artful Crafts Christmas party last weekend...
This is some of the amazing bunch of Ladies from my Dunedin Classes and a whole lotta party food...no chocolate tho that's not good for our petite figures!

 This group of wonderful ladies is some that regularly turn up to the Balclutha Classes, we had party food as well but it was mostly healthy so no a good piccie to take lol

 This is the lid from the Exploding Box I created for Artful Crafts Christmas weekend recently and you will have to check their blog later in the week to see the rest of the insides.
It was an amazing weekend and a lot of laughs were had. 
A sneaky pic of a couple of the inside flaps,  super fantastic for a gift to hold lots of photos or like I created for Emz last year a great holder for vouchers. 



This is a little MDF box I had made and have covered the insides with some of the Kaisercraft "Looking Glass" papers and goodies. I even got adventurous and made Alice's dress and of course the Mad Hatters Hat (I love making them!). a little book can be seen on the table and the bottle of medicine as well.
I had so much fun creating this little box and even added a Tim Holtz Pocket Watch
 
I hope to bring you another blog post next week with some more pics from our recent classes and until then...
 
Take Care and
Happi Scrappin"

No comments:

Post a Comment